----------
From: Jim Metz <JBMetzEA@AOL.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:22:59 -0500
To: Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

on 11/20/00 3:23 AM, Hironaka at j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:

As for this year's team, granted they've had a relatively easy schedule but
as bad as things have been (surviving a four game losing streak etc.) they
would still be in the playoffs if they started tomorrow. In fact not only are
the 4-5 Celtics ahead of Orlando, Charlotte and Milwaukee, but give them a
mini-winning streak and they could pass the following teams in the standings:

LA Flakers    6-4
Portland        6-5
Miami           5-5
New York    6-4

My point is that the Celtics and their fans shouldn't be down going into
hosting tonight's game against Philly. A lot of teams are struggling or
"suck" if you look at the big picture. There is no margin for error, but
Boston has the talent to deny Philly its 10-0 start. I hope the fans tonight
treat this like Boston-Philly circa 1979-85. I understand Jim Mennino is
attending the game.

Joe
  Joe; I like the cut of your jib. There is always hope.
  As for tonights game, I will be on the edge of my seat(at home unfortunately) and with victory cigar in hand, although admittedly a bit ratty, since I've had it since the finals of 1987-88.
--

Unchain My Heart!