heard the win over Hawks on weei!!!

heard the game on weei, was a real nice effort overall. at half time, we were behind only a few points with shooting 29% (hawks were 50% or something like that). it is always a good omen - we can turn the screws on during the secound half and get back into the game. and true enough, third qtr onwards, Pierce repeatedly went inside after inside (why didn't he do it the last game against wizards?), got the points and foul shots. then Stith got heated up, some consecutive 3s got us closer, Herren too went driving inside dishing out for some pretty assists. walker was one beneficiary with some open 3s (first half he was cold and quiet). Probably Mutombo being out most of the 3rd qtr (I think he didn't even played the 4th qtr) was the main reason we are going inside more (Lo Wright got 4 fouls to start the 3rd qtr) Howard David mentioned the reason why Mutombo was taken out was that "he seemed not having the legs, still feeling weak from his bout of malaria)

even V's jump shot is dropping! (he was 0-5 in the first half). with a 10point lead and 3 or 4 mins to go in the game, the Cs were playing intelligent "slow down" basketball (even Walker didn't go coast to coast when he got the chance - finally getting it??). meantime the Hawks were going one on one basketball, unlike the first half. Battie mysteriously "disappeared" in the secound half, after being huge and very active (boards and swatting) in the first.

Brunson showed he was relevant as when he was in the game during the second half (Herren got foul trouble), the C's didn't lose momentum, instead were chipping away at Atlanta's lead, playing good defense (contesting everyshot).

Heard a little bit of the post game interview with Pierce. He didn't sound as poised as Stith, but of course Stith being a veteran many years over. I like the attitude Pierce talk, as he didn't mentioned the points he got, but rather talking about defense defense defense.

wish i could see the celtics visually everygame. now let's focus on getting our first road win.

cheers
kevin
P.S. Paul Moriaty (not teleport.com), thanks for keeping the lists alive (thanks Josh for starting a egroup list, how do I subscribe?). I was one of them screaming for the  continuation as a basic survival need for me in singapore. I have been on it since 1995 (discovering it at one of our public library's computer) and have not missed reading any single digest since. Great list!! I agree with Paul's house rule as it is his list, his server, his time, so he's got all the right in the world whether to censure, terminate any subscriber. But I also agree (am I talking Spitino talk?) with Joe Hironaka (what? they calling you zeronaka? want to rent some knife-weilding gangsters from singapore? sorry no guns, it's the death penalty here) that all should be allowed in - not because it is "democratic" to do so- but rather why waste your time trailing/monitoring the "hit list" email addresses? in this age of the internet, there can be 1001 opportunities for new email addresses (I mys!
elf got at least 5!!), so it is not worth the time and effort, IMO really. I think it is basic courtesy for those flammers to take it off lists if they want to reply or defend themselves ON NON-CELTIC issues. but if they want to take it public, I'll just skip it after reading the first line, afterwhich I'll continue to scavenge for celtic related info. (talking about courtesy, the singapore government spents millions everyyear promoting courtesy, yet we still litter, kill each other during queuing, driving like we owned the roads, - makes me think whether the FLAMMERS can do what some singaporeans can't. YO, flammers, make my day, will ya?)

PPS great start to my saturday morning - breakfast with wife and beagle, listening to weei on the hawks win, reading the "resumed" celtic digest, writing this email to celtics list with background music provided by Steve Morse and Deep Purple. Great isn't it?  - oh, wait, i got to bath the beagle before wife comes back! darn it.....