Re: The Celtics Mailing List is re-opened

"Paul M. Moriarty" wrote:

> After much consideration and a few changes, I agree that we should not let a
> few rotten apples spoil the list for everybody.
>
> Effective today, you must be subscribed to the list in order to post.
> Additionally, I am attaching a set of guidelines for behavior and conduct on
> the list.  By remaining on the list, you agree to abide by the attached
> guidelines.

Count me in totally, Paul.  A belated thanks is due from me also for the many
years you've run this list and run it well. I'm not clear about your closing
deadline to subscribe (or re-subscribe in the case of Alex and the others), but
personally I hope all those banned arbitrarily from the new Celtics list
re-subscribe to the IGTC list by whatever deadline and play by the tough but
transparent and fair rules stated (maybe Judge Doug out in LA can weigh in). I
think it sounds fair and clear.

But I do hope any future decisions to eject someone is based on an open hearing
of both sides of the argument and presentation of evidence (all relevant posts),
rather than on one-sided, private e-mail lobbying to exclude someone which I
view as cowardly on the face of it.

Any subjective or father-knows-best standards in membership qualification
--other than being a certifiable Celtics fan-- leaves a funky aftertaste for me
and that is why I did not and will certainly not join the Ozersky list although
I have no personal problems with Josh or his views. I'm not trying to sway
opinion. It seems like we have a fair resolution with the reopening, or else I'm
happy to go on with my life without the list and the non-virtual but true
common-interest friendships I've been lucky enough to make on it.

Joe

----