Re: Toine fined

--- You wrote:
The NBA must have agreed with Antoine as $2,500 to Antoine is desert at a
fancy restraunt.

Cecil Wright wrote:

> NBA -- Fined Boston Celtics forward Antoine Walker $2,500 for verbally
> abusing an official in a November 11 game against Philadelphia
>
> Apparently, Toined claimed that Mathis was a f**king cheater.
>
> Cecil
--- end of quote ---

I think this is pretty standard NBA fare for berating officials. Unfortunately, the outcome of all this will be that 'Toine, and the Celtics, will get screwed even more in the next Celtics game that Mathis officiates, if that's possible. Nothing else will change. As I had guessed, Antoine gets fined for telling the truth - 'f*cking cheater' describes both Mathis's job performance AND his attitude towards reporting his income perfectly - and this felon will keep railroading basketball games and cheating on his taxes. Sic transit gloria NBA...