El Tigre vs. La Verite!

The season may be in Chris Herren's hands.
With Anderson out for a month or more, and the difficulty of the schedule for
the last month of the season, likely being a nightmare ride into
lotteryville, the opportunity to win some games, in next six weeks, with the
home advantage, will likely rest on Herren's shoulders.
Herren was the tiger for a game and a half in preseason, then he hurt his
ankle. Is this the coming of the next local folk hero or is it just another
tease for us long suffering Celtic fans?
Bryant Stith, the other player received in the trade for Pack (who is still
playing well in a backup role) and Cheaney(who isn't playing) has been a very
important acquisition also. Now that he has the starting spot and will get
more involved in the offense, we will have a chance to see if he can stand up
to the increased minutes that seemed to sap Randy Brown's effectiveness.
Against NY, it would seem that Pierce will draw Glen Rice and Stith will
defend Alan Houston, While Brown and perhaps Brunson, if he recovers from a
groin pull, or Adrien will guard Sprewell.
New York, which basically plays a three guard offense, has a front line of
Camby and Larry Johnson. This should not scare Battie and Walker, in fact,
with Pierce down low, presumably hitting the boards, we should not be out
rebounded. This is a big test for Battie. He should, at this point, be able
to control the Marcus Cambys of this league.
I can't wait for Saturday. Mr. Herren meet Mr. Iverson!