Re: BSG reader rant

----- Original Message ----- From: "OzerskyJA" <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>

> Please, please, please, let's not get on an Antoine thread.

What parts of your post are we allowed to comment on, Josh?

Also, and I don't mean anything by this, but I did wonder why you chose to
post that "rant" to the list.  It can be very difficult to read someone's
meaning when they post quotes with no comment, a la Way of the Ray.  Are you
agreeing with it, or parts of it?  What parts?  Why was it so interesting to
you?  My guess is that you are simply bringing up the possibility that Paul
Pierce has a tendency to coast sometimes.  I'm not sure what is so earth
shattering about that.  I mean, doesn't Tommy say just that all the time?

I also had a couple of problems with the post but wasn't going to say
anything, because the poster is not on the list to explain himself  (Does he
know you're posting his words (and e-mail address) to hundreds of people he
doesn't know, by the way?).  For instance, Antoine has plenty of 9-24, 30
point type games, doesn't he?  And Pierce getting stripped to lose the game,
didn't Antoine do just that in his 49 point game against Washington, which
was also not a great shooting night?  I liked how he called Matt Harpring a
defensive "stud" sarcastically, and in the same paragraph called Pierce's
three a bad shot because Harpring was "flying" at him while Walker was open.
As if Walker doesn't take ill advised threes or try to force his shots!  I
think you know I'm one of Antoine's biggest supporters and I appreciate the
qualities the poster was pointing out (plays hard, etc.), but does he really
force things less and take fewer poor shots than Paul Pierce?  Over his
career, not the last four games?  Remember, he's only just started to show a
consistent jumpshot a month ago.

If all you wanted was to start a thread about Pierce's somewhat overlooked
shortcomings, that's fair enough.  You don't want to start talking about
Antoine?  Fine.  Although your post had a lot to say about him.  I think bot
h purposes would have been better accomplished if you had used your own
words, or maybe clipped out the parts about Antoine, though.

Jim