Re: Vitaly's game

>From: "LadyNada" <ladynada@mediaone.net>
>
>You answered your own question:  What has changed?  I _expected_ Vitaly to
>_improve_ his game.  To me, this meant to be able to put the ball on the
>floor for at least 2 to 3 dribbles and incorporate that ability into several
>MOVES  in the paint, to score.  ( As you see Battie do).  Vitaly hasn't done
>this.

Well, I just think you might give V more of a chance to show off
whatever improvement he may have made to his game over the offseason.
Granted, he looks undeniably lousy after the first two regular season
games, but there are 80 more  games (at least) to go, and lot's of
chances to improve.

I don't know about other folks, but I almost _never_ want V to put it
on the floor.  Whenever he does so, he commits the offensive foul or
turns the ball over.  Dribbling ought to be contraindicated for the
Train.  I don't even think that it's a necessary ability for him to
have (although being able to dribble in the post with his back to the
basket would be OK).

>He also has always had a confidence problem.  He is afraid to shoot the
>ball.  [...] BatMan took the
>shot with confidence and made it.  Vitaly would have passed it,

I don't know that he has a confidence problem at all.  There are
times when he dithers at the top of the key with the ball, but
attributing this to a lack of confidence is reading more into the
situation than I see, imo.  Unless you know something I don't
(maybe).  In addition, I don't know that V would have passed the ball
in a similar situation -- I can't criticize a player for what he
_would_ have done.  V's playing bad enough right now that I'd focus
on what he actually did or didn't do.

>But I think that V does hurt the team more.

My point is that every player has things about them that hurt the
team as a whole.  Walker forces shots.  So does Pierce.  Kenny thinks
shoot first and doesn't push the ball.  Battie is (was?)
inconsistent.  Carr can't play D.  And all the rest.  Granted, V
looks like the worst guy right now, but any team with McCarty on it
has got it's worst player title all wrapped up.

>   I am a little angry at him, ( you know how it feels to be
>angry at someone you love?) for letting me down.  You know?

Give it a little time -- it's only the first two games.  Players go
through rough patches like everybody else.  Were you this down on
Griffin when he was in his funk last season?

Regards,

Bill