game 2 thoughts

This was beautiful. The first quarter was a disaster, yet it wasn't
anybody's fault. Somehow the Raptors just began the game in perfect sync and
things just kinda evolved to the point where Toronto couldn't do anything
wrong, and our guys couldn't do anything right. Despite that it was clear
that the Celtics would come back, or at least give it a good shot. It was
different from last year. They're just serious this year, so far, and it
especially shows on D.

Speaking of defense, that Carter fadeway jumper is pretty much
indefensible - he scored nearly all his points that way. I was just hoping
that his legs would get tired at some point, and they did, at a crucial
time. Or maybe it was Antoine's hand in his face that caused him to miss
that last 3.

Pierce is really better than last year. I don't think he had particularly
good first 2 games (for him), yet he's averaging 29 pts. with a variety of
moves.

Antoine regressed to the mean after a nearly perfect first game, which is to
be expected. Also, Toronto is such a wily bunch of veterans, they really
make it tough to score against them down low. Both 'Toine and Pierce got
stripped, rushed, and otherwise harassed in the paint a lot. Still, he
played under control, mostly stayed off refs' backs (must've taken a lot out
of him to do that in this game), and got tough rebounds when it mattered.

Battie - does two games a trend make? I hope so. He looks much more focused
and determined this year, but he probably also did on those rare occasions
when he showed up to play in years past. If this is indeed the new Battie,
we're in major luck.

Kenny - passed decently, but still opts to shoot first at inopportune
moments. The difference this season, IMO, is that he's in a worse physical
condition than last year, and is missing the shots he was making last
season.

Griffin - the silent assassin.

Brown - the usual, which is good.

Stith - tried, along with others, to shut down Carter, but that fadeway J is
just unstoppable. Hit two big threes.

Carr - gave a boost on offense when it was really needed.

Moiso - looked better tonight.

Pot - unfortunately, he's now crossed the line from being useless to being
harmful. He's stripping the ball away from his teammates, committing
mindless offensive fouls, and missing everything. I think he needs a good
stretch in garbage time to get back into the flow. It's the worst he's ever
looked, and I know he's way better than this, even with his modest talent
level.

Blount - played.

Pitino - again his subs mostly worked, and when they didn't, he pulled them
fairly quickly (Vitaly). I still think he's giving way too much time and
rope to Kenny.

On to the dreaded Saturday back-to-back on the road...