Foxwoods, was "Tonight's telecast"

bird wrote:

> >From: "Jim & Karen Meninno" <jk@london.com>
> >
> >I didn't have any problem with the FSNE feed on my cable system.  Except, of
> >course, that they play that Foxwoods ad about 20 times a game.  Leading
> >candidate for most irritating new commercial is that Citizens Bank spot with
> >the kids punching each other.
>
> "The wonder of it all..." is that I don't upchuck every time the ad
> appears.  Of course the nature of television ads is that they are
> essentially ridiculous in almost all senses, but the real fallout is
> that the song sticks in my head like a railroad pin.  Most
> disturbing.  I'll second your candidate, as well.
>
> I didn't have any problem with the broadcast on the League Pass, fwiw.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill

Confession time. I found myself humming "The wonder of it all..." to myself the
other day. I guess I was sitting on the sofa, dog on my lap, spacing out. It's
happened more than once, I hate to admit. I find the Citizens' Bank ads a lot
more annoying, except for the admittedly corny one where the guys are playing
keep-away with the bank employees on Pitino's instructions.

Round and round we go...

Joe

Pierce v. Carter tonight is exciting, but I think the separation Carter's game
has had from Pierce and his fellow rookie class makes some of us upset that
Pierce "isn't improving one iota" or "didn't work as hard on his game" and so
forth. For a transition year to shooting guard, I think Pierce had a wonderful
second year. Carter might have had similar ups and downs if he had made that
transition last year. That team is built around him, and yes he is a more
talented player and we should get over it. But Pierce adds something new to his
game each year, and as BSG says he's on the same career trajectory that has
brought Ray Allen all his accolades. We tend to blame our two stars when the team
stinks, when in fact the captains are the least of our worries if you think about
it. It is a question of team depth and the success of our "Poultry in Motion"
trapping defense. If those two things have been addressed, then we have a very
good basketball team led by two potential franchise players who from day one have
been part of the eventual solution, not part of the problem.

----