Last NIght

Hi Everyone,

I was at the home opener and what a game. Yes, it was against Detroit so
I would not make plans for late April yet, but it was encouraging
anyway. Detroit is definitely heading for lotto-land. I was about 15
rows back of the Celtics bench and although it has hard to say for sure
because of the baggy uniforms, but Twoine looked fit. He played like an
animal, as did Pierce. I was really hoping for a standing "O" for him
(especially after the speech he gave), but is was not to be. Pierce was
a force down low. I don't know how many he scored in the paint, but it
was impressive. Stith and Brown can't shoot for beans, but Brown's
hustle was commendable and infectious. As Bill Parcells would say, Moiso
looked like a ball in the weeds...lost. For opening night, I really
liked what I saw. The only 2 downers that I came away with were
"Out"House lighting up Pierce and whoever else was around at will and
Batgirl. He had one major dunk and then gave back 2 immediately. I also
would have liked to see Herren. He really seems to enjoy being in
Boston.

At the end of the game, I was lucky enough to get close enough to Red to
shake his hand and my friend who went with me snapped a picture. Cossing
my fingers it comes out. For the people who emailed me about getting a
poster, I am sorry but unlike last year they did not give out posters
last night. Instead they gave out opening night T-shirts and it was one
per person. Sorry.