Re: Stith

----- Original Message ----- From: W <titans@ihug.com.au>

> Could anyone who watched the game last night explain why Stith shot so
> many free throws comparative to his minutes and the rest of the team (he
> was 10-10 in 24 minutes, almost an unheard of figure for a "defensive"
> two guard).

I'm not sure I can really explain it, although Stith did look like he has a
knack for drawing contact, while staying under control.  It was not as
obvious, to me, as when, say, Eric Williams is out there thinking only about
getting fouled.  Stith looked much more controlled.  I think he also played
a lot of time at the ends of quarters, when the teams were in the penalty.

Warwick's point also brings up something I neglected to mention in my
observations last night.  The Celtics had a huge free throw discrepancy in
their favor in this game.  And they deserved it.  They took the ball inside
a lot more than Detroit, and played good hard defense, without  a lot of
those obvious fouls they often commit. How much of this is because Detroit
are a bad team, offensively and defensively, we will have to wait to find
out.

Jim