C's & NBA Notes

Jackie O (via the The Salt Lake Tribune) says for the Jazz to trade
Malone...

S.I. Says Trade Is Best Deal for Jazz, Malone
 Sunday, May 28, 2000

    Trade the Mailman?
    That's Sports Illustrated's suggestion, for the sake of both Karl
Malone and the Jazz.
    Veteran NBA writer Jackie McMullan writes that "the glory days are
over" for the Jazz, and that "owner Larry Miller should do Malone a
favor and trade him to a contender."
    She lists New York and Portland as teams that could handle Malone's
$15.75 million salary for next season, besides offering the likes of
Allan Houston or Steve Smith in return to give the Jazz "a running start
on the rebuilding process."
    "Do I think about being traded? Hell, yes," Malone told McMullan.
"Could I go somewhere else? My loyalty is with the Jazz. It would be
strange to wear a different uniform."
    Malone also said it is "not impossible" for the Jazz to contend next
season, to which McMullan added, "We know better, so does he."

Pitino's Big Payday, If C's Sold

Bulpett says in the Herald, that if the C's are sold, Pitino can
receive a buyout of the final years of his contract or $22 million,
whichever is less.

Peter May Wants Foyle

Yes, the Globe's Peter May continues to bring up the idea of the C's
acquiring the shotblocker/rebounder/almost zero offense guy. His
former coach, PJ, thinks that Foyle and Pitino could be a mismatch,
because Adonal is still learning the NBA game.

Vecsey says Philly will start considering Iverson trades, because
of his disruptive behavior, but a deal will either have to come from
a team severely under the cap or via a three way trade.

Dave Krieger of the Rocky Mountain News suggest the Nuggets send
Van Exel et al to the Clipps for Olowokandi and Derrick Anderson.
Maybe the C's can get into some of this action.

The Orlando Sentinel's Tim Potvak says the Magic want to trade
up to take Kenyon Martin, and that they've been on the phone
with New Jersey.

Vancouver is discussing deals to drop down a little to select
Marcus Fizer.