Bird No Longer interested in Buying The Celtics?

http://www.bskball.com

05/23-ARE THE CELTICS FOR SALE?- There has been quiet rumor that the
Boston Celtic may be for sale, and Larry Bird may want to buy them.
There was a highly publicized exchange between Larry Bird (through the
press) and the Celtics about how the teams was being managed, and Bird
(a Celtic at heart) said if they wanted to sell the team, he could buy
it in a day or 2. He later recounted that he was not serious about
buying the team, he just wanted to see them run it more like the
greatest franchise in the league, rather than Paul Gaston's personal
piggy bank. Well, Larry tried to put those ideas of him buying the C's
to rest, but the money people have been talking quietly about this idea
and laying the ground work to see if a deal could be reached and if
Gaston, who has said more than once..he was not selling, would really
sell the team. So as Larry Bird approaches maybe his final series as the
Pacers head coach, he did tell a few reporters where he'd like to
be...."I tell myself I'd like to work in a job where I can put a team
together or maybe even buy a team, I've always been intrigued with
opportunities like those. I definitely know that I don't want to coach
anymore. It was rewarding, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
But now it's time to move on to something else." WOULD YOU BUY THE
CELTICS?- "No, I doubt that,... They're not for sale, anyway. I tried to
do that years ago after I retired and was told they were not for sale."
WOULD YOU TAKE A JOB WITHIN THE NBA LEAGUE OFFICE-"Ain't no damn way I'm
going to be working in the NBA office."