Why trade?

> It is generally accepted that it takes a player a few years to reach the =
> point where their skills are honed to the point whereby they reach their =
> potential. This is especially true of players that come out of college =
> early. For this reason, it puzzles me that so many people on the list =
> want to trade Walker.
>
> In my opinion, he has shown that he is progressing as a player and it =
> appears to me that in the coming years he'll be one of the top players =
> in the NBA. This question is for those who want to trade him--why? Why =
> are you unwilling to let Walker grow with the Celtics? Remember, there =
> are very few Magic Johnsons around.

3 years, 30+ wins a year = going nowhere
you only get value in a trade if you part with value
who on the team has value?
hence you've heard people suggesting trades involving Walker or Pierce
mystery cleared up?

regarding the concluding non-sequitur: there are no other "Magic Johnsons"
around - there was only one and he's retired

TomM