We're not the only ones after Tskalidis

It sounds by this article like the Cavs really want this guy.  If we are looking to pick him, we may not be able to since the projected lottery has the Cavs picking 8th with us picking 11th.

The article says he may be picked before pick #8

Sorry if someone else posted this before!

Josh

http://ohio.com/bj/sports/indians/docs/012348.htm

Repeat this name after me: Iakovis Tskalidis.

OK, don't repeat it, unless you happen to be Russian; then you have a chance to say it right.

But Iakovis Tskalidis just might become the Cavs' top draft pick next month. Cleveland is slated to select No. 8, unless something remarkable happens at the NBA draft lottery for non-playoff teams next Sunday.

``Tskalidis may not be there at No. 8,'' Cavs general manager Jim Paxson said.

That's because he's 7-foot-2, and he's healthy. But get this, the 22-year-old averaged only 10 points and eight rebounds playing pro ball in Greece this year. Are you saying that a guy who averaged only 10 points and eight rebounds in Greece is a lock for the lottery?

``Yes,'' Paxson said. ``He has a chance to get bigger, add muscle. He's not as skilled as Z (Zydrunas Ilgauskas), but he does have talent. And let's face it, there's not a lot of big men -- or even much depth -- in this draft.''    <<<<<