Re: Whats wrong

Title: Re: Whats wrong
Whoever put's the fannies in the seats and sells the concessions gets the money.  That is why Pitino get's the money as a coach and Van Gundy doesn't.  It's also why the players make more then the coach's, generally.  Though frankly I don't like the system, but that's what the team owners created with the last few CBA's.  It will continue to bite them in the b*tt as the league becomes even more about the have's and have not's regarding $$$.  Just wait until the Mav's buy the championship in a few years.
<Jim

Bentz asked,

Here is the perfect picture of why fan support for the NBA is eroding.
It seems that the Knicks plane blew Coach Van Gundy's car over and
demolished it.  But, Van Gundy's 1995 Honda Civic crashed into Allan
Houston's 1997 Mercedes Benz.  (Course, Brendan Malone did have a 1999
Lincoln).  But, why shouldn't the coach get paid like the players man.
Oooopppppssss, it seems our coach does.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist that
one.)