Latest Walker Trade Rumor & More

Projo's Bill Reynolds, a FOR (friend of Rick, who's written one
or two books with him) says the latest Antoine trade rumor would have
him being dealt to Miami for PJ Brown and Jamal Mashburn. Well,
it's better than the Fortson to Toronto deal, but I'd kind of
like to see Antoine moved for Swifty or Mutumbo. If the C's are
planning to do this deal, I can see them drafting Tsalkalidis,
since with Mashburn, Pierce, and Griffin, all the
minutes at SF and SG will be allocated and there's no need to
take a big guard. Well there might be a need, but there's no
playing time.

                           ______________

Here's something interesting from Vecsey:

... Not only does it seem as if Paul Westphal's Sonic job is safe, there
are
indications he may be given an extension. Gary Payton almost certainly
will
be traded.

(Now, here's an Antoine trade in the making: Walker, Anderson,
and the C's lottery pick for Payton and Rashard Lewis. Ho ho..)

Vecsey also says that Philly will be looking to move Kukoc via a
sign and trade since he can't adjust to Larry Brown. Could he
adjust to Pitino?

Peter May via The Sporting News says Chris Wallace loves Stromile
Swift.

Providence's 7-2 Karim Shabazz, who I think can be a
quality center one day is declaring for the draft, but planning
to withdraw if he's not projected to go in the top 20. As of
this moment, he's certainly not going in the top 20, but a
strong Pre-Draft camp by him could change that...
Ray