Celtic's worth

"Does anyone know what this team is worth on the
market? Did the season sell well? Seems to me the
infrastructure is in poor shape from bottom to top.
Can't sell memories." --

To my surprise, I read that the C's have the 5th
highest PAID attendance in the league. While there
regularly are empty seats, the corporate guys are
still buying the tix. As for the worth, who knows?
Weren't the Yankees recently valued at 700 mil? Not a
valid comparison, but the closest I can think of.
Kraft bought the Pats for $175 mil in '93. If I had to
guess, I would say $400 mil would not be outrageous.
What a tease...I read Bird again recently expressed
interest in buying the C's. If he put a group together
to buy in that $350-$500 mil, that would be great. An
expansion team can't be much less. The question is:
HOw much did the Gaston family originally pay? Even in
the 80s Thanks dad's dad milked the C's. The only
addition they made after the 84 title was Walton, who
came for cheap. While the Lakers were getting Michael
Thompson, we were getting Brad Lohaus. Nuf said