bad signings

Question: Where would we be now if we
-had not signed Walter to a 3 year, 8 million contract
-had not signed Greg Minor to a long-term deal
-had not signed Cheaney
-had paid Vitaly market value (about 4 million a year as opposed 5.5 a
year)
-had paid Tony Battie market value (could have been signed for 2
mill. exception in my opinion)
-had paid Antoine market value (about 7 mill. a year), no other team would
have given him the maximum

These are just bad signings that will hurt us for years. YOu can justify
signing some of these players, Vitaly and Tony could be decent players
coming off the bench with proper coaching. However, I hope Pitino learns
something about giving players long-term contracts before they become free
agents.

If only we had waited until they had become free agents, we could have
signed all of them for much less, I am sure about it. Who would pay Battie
more than 2 mill? Who would give Vitaly the contract we gave him? Who
would've given Walker the max? The answer to all of these questions is no
one.

At least Barros and Minor's contracts are up after next year. Walter and
Cheaney's contracts will hurt us for another two years.

Examples of Pitino being a horrible GM.