Satellite Advice Needed!

I'm ready to leave my cable system and go to satellite.  I need
assistance/information in making a decision between DirectTV or the
DISHNetwork.  You may reply in public or private.

First is the equipment needs.  Presently I have the cable coming into my
living room which supplies video to a TV and two VCRs.  I run a cable to my
bedroom and it goes to the video card in my computer which allows me to
view video on my computer monitor.  From one of the VCRs in the living room
I have a Rabbit connected to it which broadcasts a signal to be received by
the TV in the bedroom.

I've been educated that since cable is analog any of the devices on the
cable can independently tune in whatever stations each is tuned to.  But
this would not be the case with satellite since it is digital.  I can only
get one station at a time out of one receiver.  To have two different
stations on in the house, I have to have two receivers.

I'd be interested in reaffirming my understanding here and any other
methods of getting the signal from one satellite receiver to all that I
presently have connected to the cable.

Second is the programming needs.  I've reviewed the basic packages and it
seems they cover my basic needs.  But I'm not going to go to any satellite
unless my two sports needs are covered -- Boston Celtics basketball and New
York Yankees baseball.  I don't care about any other sports or any other
teams.

Currently I am able to watch every Celtics game on cable via FOX Sports New
England.  I'm not able to watch any Yankee stations, which I believe are
Fox Sports something and MSG.

Of the two, the programming needs seem to be more important than the
equipment needs, so tell me how you are able to watch my favorite sports
teams via satellite.

Thanks!

Vinny
vnatale@map.com