Re: Pitino may suspend and trade unruly players

Wow. I don't know quite how to react to what must have been an ugly scene
last night (I didn't see it) or Pitino's harsh response.

First, for all of us pushing to keep this team together, I present last
night as Exhibit A against. Forget for a minute (but just a minute) the
arguing and in-fighting. Our two best players combined to go 4 for 24 for 13
points. Now, I don't like to attach too much weight to one game, but anyone
who sees these two as untouchable need only look at that line. If the right
deal comes along, deal either or both. (I'm holding out a little hope for
Toine based on the brilliant stretch he had, but just a little.)

When you combine that performance with the inexcusable display of
selfishness and unprofessionalism, it's clear changes are necessary. The
little late-season run was fun, but this is a lousy mix of players with no
future together. Pierce, Walker, Vitaly all have a place in the league, but
not together. I've said it before and I'll say it again, blow this mess up.
Build up the middle at center, power forward and point guard and fill in the
gaps later. Maybe that means draft picks, maybe risky trades. This team is
years away, and the longer we stick with this group, the longer we have to
wait. I say take the plunge and do what it takes to bring in quality (even
if it's rookie quality) at the three key spots.

Anyway, I'm anxious to hear what comes down from Pitino today. This may be
his ticket out of town: "I never entertained the idea of leaving until the
embarassment in Orlando..." Who knows? Personally, I hope not. I hope he
stays and ships the whole lot of selfish, me-first, egomaniacs out the door.

Mark