John Thompson comments

I'll have to say it was interesting listening to John Thompson do the Celts
game on TBS. He made reference to that he had a good conservation with Pitino
in the morning. He commented, after watching the first half, that he now sees
the defensive problems that Rick was talking about. He talked at length about
the point guard position. He said, with some inference to his Pitino
conversation, that Boston needs a veteran point guard who can get the young
players into what they need to be doing. After it sounded like he was really
dogging Kenny, he added that he thinks Kenny is a player who COULD do the
job. After Keeny launched a couple of quick threes, he said that even if he
is open, Kenny shouldn't be sending the message to these young players of a
shoot-first mentality. He said that Barros is the backup point guard but
really is just a shooter and that is another of their point guard problems.
He pointed out, like Tommy, that VP gets into trouble when he puts the ball
on the floor. He also pointed out with mirth several times that Walker seemed
to limp heavily when on defense but little affects when playing offense.  He
defended Pitino often and said he must really be hard for Pitino to have a
team that is so poor on defense when his forte has always been defense. This
is a summation of what I heard although I have to admit I only watched half
of the game switching back and forth between channels. In summation, it
really sounded like both Pitino and Thompson felt that we were severely
lacking at the point guard position...

DJessen33