Confusion!!!!

I think that the Celtics played hard the entire game.  However, the
communication on defense in the first half was terrible.  The Pistons
made a maximum of three passes and there was a wide open layup or jumper.
 The Celtics must rotate to the open man and recover to force the Pistons
to reset their defense (Total Confusion).

I repeat the effort was there.  However, the confusion of rotating was
obvious. We have played over 50 games and we still do not know what to
do.    It's sort of like going to Florida, but you leave Boston and go to
California first, Ohio second, and then to Florida.  Where as you should
have taken a straight shot down the east coast.

 The young guns are getting there with effort.  However, they are lost
because they are not cutting the base line off, taking more charges,
sliding there feet, blocking out, running there offense, or making free
throws.   I think we need to go back to the fundamentals of basketball.
Battie seems like a player with loads of potential.  However, no
fundamentals.  Pitino should have hired a defensive coordinator (D.J.)
to teach defense.

Greg
gh18@juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!