Re: Walker

"Backus, Matthew J." wrote:

> Did anyone else feel that A.W. abused Theo Ratliff on Sunday's game?  I
> don't get to see many games, but at least prior to the ankle injury, A.W.
> had his way.

Yeah, Theo is actually a reining NBA All Defensive Team player. Last week
some list comedians tried to convince us that Antoine Walker masterfully
padded his stats (his rookie Triple Doubles etc.) against scrubs and in
meaningless games. This season, I'm not sure if these people would be
referring to Antoine's 24.5 ppg on .526 FG shooting against the LA Lakers, or
his 36 points and 12 boards against Karl Malone, or 32 points and 13 boards
against Shawn Kemp, or 39 points and 11 boards against Keith Van Horn, or 35
points and 7 boards against PJ Brown (28 and 7 in another game). If it's any
consolation, at least Antoine took it a lot easier on Chris Webber this year
(17 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists in the Celts revenge win; 23 points and
8 boards in the earlier loss) at least compared to season's past. ;-)

Like Jim Mennino, I'm actually still full of admiration about the balls on
the guy (Ryan Lee I think) who actually chose the day after Walker's 4th
"triple double" to go on this list and publically bash AW's game. Great
timing.

Joe

****