Predictions Part II, Earning Respect

Well, after another strong game from the C's, and some medication from
Anheiser, you're neighborhood bottled water company, 36 wins is starting
to look very realistic again.  Hopefully Sunday won't change things.  I'm
picturing a 9 point win over Philly.  Let's all focus our energy on 9
points.  Not 8, not 10, we need to pick a number and focus.  Come on, you
can picture it.

Anyway, we need a couple more strong wins like these last couple to gain
respect.  And I'm not talking about respect for the C's in the papers and
around the country.

I'm talking about respect for us, the fans walking into bars around Boston
and requesting the game on a tv.  People look at you like you're sadistic
for wanting to watch the C's over the Home Gardening Show.  We the loyal
bar-going fans have suffered too long from the jeers of Bruins fans, UMass
fans, curling fans, gardening fans, and even people that want the tv
turned off.  We need a couple more solid wins so we can get more tv's
tuned to the Celtics games. :)

Now that Bourque has left town, may he win a Stanley Cup, it's time for
the Celts to seize the opportunity, and gain us some respect.  That's all
I'm asking for, and a playoff spot.  That's all I want, and banner #17.
That's it, really.

-jr

BTW, someone actually had the gall last night to suggest in the 2nd
quarter that the Celtics would collapse and lose.  Actually, 2 people did,
and I was with one of them.  No respect, I'm telling ya.  It's tough being
a Celtics fan around Boston.