Re: talk about negativity...

   Antoine's great game spotlights precisely the frustration that I feel with
this team.  It shows that the ability is there.  We have seen similar flashes
of ability from Battie for a three-game stretch; from Pierce many times; from
Anderson many times; from Pots many times; from Williams at least once.  But
night after night, in general, this collection of could-bes goes out and
throws up a clunker game.
    And the comments about Walker as the new Magic.  Jesus (he says
excitedly), we all pray for Fortson to be our salvation.  He shows up and
does what we all knew he would more or less do, but then we decide he can't
play 4 because that's Walker's job, but Walker is more a 3 than a 4 (but not
really because he's too slow to be a 3) so screw Fortson, and now we're
talking Walker as Magic-style point?  How long has Pitino coached this kid?
After six years he STILL doesn't know what to do with him?  Either Pitino
doesn't know how to assess talent and/or coach, or Walker can't play ANY
position.
     Go figure.  At least it looks like someone will hit the prediction
winner this year.  This may make me look forward to baseball season just so I
can root against the Dodgers.
 - Doug