Sports radio in Columbia, SC, USA

I guess our sports radio people were ready to start rumors today.  They
said "rumors" have Tubby Smith taking over the Hawks after this year and
Pitino returning to Kentucky.  The reasons, CM Newton is retiring as AD
at Kentucky and he hired Smith.  And, Pitino is sick of baby sitting
egotistical players in the NBA who don't want to play hard or work on
their games.

Hey, that is what they said was a scenario they could see happening.
Me, I don't think so.  I think Rick will stick it out in Boston.

I still firmly believe they are on the verge of breaking through to
being a decent team.  They simply have to learn to bring it all every
night and to WANT it.  That is really what made Bird, Magic, etc great,
wanting it and sacrificing what ever to get it.  That attitude is not on
display with this team.  And they are still young.

Hopefully they will continue to improve and will get two players over
the summer.

Maybe Rick's whining about not getting Tim Duncan is a "way" to send him
the message that he is the missing piece of a free agent needed in
Boston and that he is wanted here.  Is Pitino crafty enough to try and
use the media like that, or just whining?

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net