Re: Lady and the Tramp

Let me get this straight, when you wrote:
"For some of you, Pitino could spit on your head and tell you it's raining,
and you'd believe him," you didn't actually mean anyone specifically.
Rather we were supposed to read that "some of you" meant "an abstract
amalgam of some of your views, where I've stripped out the parts that
disagree with Pitino so that I can make the amalgam look like a ludicrous
Pitino-worshipper - and then I don't mean what I say literally, of course,
it's just an exaggerated insulting characterization"? As if an insult
has to be taken literally to be insulting; it's like calling someone a
"motherf***er" and saying, "Hey, of course I don't mean it literally."

Alex