Re: What?

--- You wrote:
>Finally, some sanity.  I would love to see this team pull a turnaround
>and make the playoffs

Wouldn't we all? That's all we're asking for, to be the 8th-best team in the weak East. Some of us are asking for even less than that - that the team be heading in the right direction, which it certainly doesn't feel like now.

> 1) because I love the Celtics and 2) just to see what happens to
>those on the 'off with Pitino's head' bandwagon.

Since Pitino does not have dictatorial powers outside his little domain, probably nothing would happen to us ;)

Seriously, though, if he coached this team to the playoffs from the current predicament, I would change my opinion of his ability to coach at the pro level. But I know, and you know, that it's not going to happen. Even if it did by some miracle, I still wouldn't trust him to be the de facto GM of this team. Not after brain farts like the Fortson/Raptor garbage trade, and admitting that he based a major career move on what was it, a .36 probability of getting Duncan. The next time around he might trade someone like Pierce for a 36% chance to draft  some second coming  of Chauncy Billups. No thanks.

Gaston made a mistake in hiring Pitino, and he should cut his losses and move on, for if he doesn't, it'll cost him more than the remainder of Pitino's contract. The nearly 3-year history of Pitino's (mis)management of this franchise is a proof of that.