From: "Anne Cankosyan" <bceltics@mindspring.com>
To: celtics@igtc.com, Cecil Wright <cecilw45@hotmail.com>
Sent: March 2, 2000 1:34:05 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Sports (NBA) - Pitino gives Beantown an earful after loss -
3/2/00

I don't post often, but I just have to vent.....

Ya know, Pitino may not be the perfect coach, but let's face it, he has a
point with his post-game comments.  The city of BOSTON is SPOILED, and they
are acting just like that, spoiled brats.  No one likes to lose, but when
you have to pick up the pieces after the death of Len Bias and then Reggie
Lewis, what do you expect??   I commend him for trying to keep his team
positive.  They work hard, and it just going to take longer to recover from
two major fall backs (Bias & Lewis).

The fans need to act like fans and support this team.   I love the Celtics,
but I'm embarrassed by their immaturity of the fans when it comes to
supporting this team (in good times and in bad).  I'm sorry they didn't win
a championship 3 years after Larry Bird retired.  I'm sorry the Bob Cousy
era is over.  Let's all support this young team.  It's easy to become
frustrated if they were not working hard, but I think they are working there
asses off because Pitino makes them!

Anne (a Celtic fan forever)