No Subject

-Toronto's Alvin Williams has played only six minutes in the nine games
since the trade was nullified and was a DNP last night.

-Pitino on Adrian Griffin, who is struggling since returning from an
ankle sprain: ''I think Adrian looks like he's fought too many rounds.
He went from the CBA, to the playoffs, to us. He probably hasn't had a
week off in three years. It's not just the rookie wall. This guy has
logged a lot of time. The best thing he can do this summer is to give
himself some time off.''

-The captain in defense of Pitino: ''I understand the fans. But we are
not trying to miss. We are making adjustments and it takes a while to
get the chemistry. Not every game is going to be picture-perfect
basketball. They had expectations of us and we had expectations of
ourselves. We put ourselves in this position. But I look forward to the
challenge and [showing] the pride and continuing to work hard to rebuild
and get the situation correct. We are not looking for sympathy. We are
professionals.''

Walker also defended Pitino, his coach at the University of Kentucky.
''Coach gives us total freedom,'' Walker said. ''Coach gets us prepared
for every game. He's changed. He's a players' coach and he has changed
the system around and he communicates with the players.

''You have to understand what he is going through. He prepares us for
every  game and he has to motivate 12 or 13 guys. I've known him the
longest. He comes to work every day and pushes us and he doesn't point
fingers. He keeps everything in house.''

-Kenny says the team is doing its best: ''You have to respect the fans.
They want to see good basketball and we have been playing some pretty
decent basketball. It's weird. We are a young team.

''But this is our home. We have to deal with [negativity] on the road.
You just have to block it out and do your job and stick together.

''If they see nasty basketball in any arena, you are going to hear that
[boos]. We are not upset about it. We are professionals and we are not
going to get down. You just have to play. I'm not one for being
negative. So, I just play hard, play for the next game.''

****