Re: Heres some logic for you...

Michael Griffin wrote:

> >From what I've read, Portland would have traded places with either the Bulls
> or the Celtics in this years draft so neither trade was a true 3#1 for
> O'Neal but 3#1s for O'Neal + 1#1.  Although the swap of #1s clearly in
> Portland's favor.  If your conspiracy theory is true, that is a dangerous
> game of Russian roulette for Pitino to play.

Its no conspiracy, its something that happens to most trades, its called
'shopping' and sending out 'feelers'... Teams put out feelers, teams get word of
a rival making a bid so they'll up the bid only to make the price higher -
actually its a common business practice, everyones trying to get something as
cheap as possible, someone will come in and offer something higher therefore the
real buyer must increase the bid to stay in the game.

If it came down to it and Portland accepted the Celts offer then the Celtics
would pull out last minute, I'd assume, unless of course Pitino feels that #11, a
non-lotto pick (I wouldn't give up the Denver pick) and another further non-lotto
pick isn't giving up to much for the potential that is Jermaine O'Neal. It could
also introduce some interesting three-way trades with the Celts forcing
themselves into a deal between Portland and Boston, Chicago getting Jermaine
O'Neal, but in the process the Celts acquiring something of quite some value
without giving away the picks (eg. You scratch our backs Ricks by not getting
Jermaine and we'll give you this to make up for it).