Trade 11th and "Cap Crap" for Christie and 21?

How does that deal sound?

I'm not too sure about it because Chrisite is 29 or 30.

I really know nothing about Christie.  Can someone fill me
in?

I'm surprised Toronto wants to deal with us again with us nixing the Fortson deal.

Also, I guess we're probably out of luck now that Cleveland traded Sura so they're probably looking to pick Alexander.  Also, Tsakalidis I read is still tied to a 4 year contract (which began in 1996; go figure) so they will probably look for the best player available.

Here's the Christie article.  My guess is we'll make some sort of deal today.

Raptors willing to listen

Celtics covet Christie, offering their 11th pick

By BILL HARRIS and CRAIG DANIELS -- Toronto Sun

  The Raptors may not limit themselves to looking out for No. 21.

 The team is scheduled to pick 21st in the first round of the NBA draft tonight, but the rumour mill was on full hum yesterday, with various scenarios suggesting the Raptors are considering opportunities to trade up.

 Sources indicated the Boston Celtics might be dangling their first-round pick -- 11th overall -- plus either Walter McCarty or Calbert Cheaney for a package that would include veteran Raptors guard Doug Christie.

 If the Raptors acquired the No. 11 pick, they might be in position to nab one of the higher-ranked point guards in the draft, such as Jamal Crawford of Michigan or Mateen Cleaves of Michigan State.

 However, Raptors general manager Glen Grunwald yesterday played down the possibility of his team completing any draft-day deals.

 "I think that's still accurate," Grunwald said when asked if he was standing by his earlier statement that trading up is a "low-percentage possibility."

 If the Raptors stick at No. 21, the names being mentioned most are Erick Barkley of St. John's and Keyon Dooling of Missouri, both point guards. There is a decent chance one of those two will be available at 21.

 If all the quality point guards are gone at 21, the Raptors might take a hard look at Toronto native Jamaal Magloire, a centre from the University of Kentucky.

 Numerous other deals potentially involving the Raptors -- and not necessarily related to the draft -- were making the rounds yesterday.

 Reports from the Charlotte area suggested the Hornets have called the Raptors about reacquiring Dell Curry. The veteran shooting guard still lives in the Charlotte area and remains one of the most popular players in Hornets history.

 Sources confirmed the Hornets did contact the Raptors, but the names being bandied about did not grab the Raptors' attention and no concrete offer materialized.

 "I like the city of Toronto and I like the Raptors team," Curry said yesterday, between shots on a Charlotte-area golf course. "As far as trades go, I don't control that. Right now I'm just trying to relax, play some golf and enjoy my family."

 If Curry remains a Raptor, chances are his role might increase next season, given the near-certainty that fellow three-point threat Dee Brown won't be back.

 "I've talked to Lenny (Wilkens, new Raptors coach)," Curry said. "Put it this way, I certainly don't see my role diminishing.

 "Trades always are a possibility, but the way I see it, I'm in a win-win situation. It's not something to worry about. My first eight years in Charlotte, my name was involved in trade rumours every year. What it means to me is I know I'll be employed next year -- that's the way I look at it."

 Other trade whispers: Charlotte is rumoured to have offered guard David Wesley for Christie; and rumours have surfaced again about the Raptors sending Michael (Yogi) Stewart to Minnesota for a package that would include guard Bobby Jackson, a free agent who would have to be signed before being traded.

 The Raptors also have a second-round pick in the draft, 46th overall. The draft is being held in Minneapolis, but the Raptors' war room will be at the Air Canada Centre.