Let me get this straight...

OK, I'm trying to catch up on what happened over the weekend, and let me see
if I have a few things right:

It looks like a team ahead of us is going to draft a young, talented, 7-2,
280-pound mountain of a center who would fill a need on the Celts and may be
the best big man in this draft... and we're happy about that.

The Celts own the 11th pick in the draft, and the only players they've had
in for a second workout are Jerome Moiso, Olumide Oyedeji, Keyon Dooling and
Speedy Claxton? You know, I was thinking this weekend... what the Celtics
really need is Keyon Dooling.

Keyon Dooling, 6-3 combo guard from Missouri = Chauncey Billups, 6-3 combo
guard from Colorado. If we pick this guy at 11, I... I ... I don't know what
I'll do. I live in Ohio, maybe I'll become a Cavs fan. Nah, but if they pick
Speedy Claxton, all bets are off.

OK, let me try to get my bearings: We haven't heard it mentioned lately, but
remember those Zeljco Rebraca rumors? He's the talented center whose rights
belong to the Raptors. The Celts reportedly had some interest. Someone a
while back speculated we might pick up Rebraca by swapping first-rounders
with Toronto. Now, if that happens, then guys like Dooling and Claxton
become legitimage options. Could be we wait to see what is there at 11, and
if it isn't what we want (Tsakalidis, Johnson, Alexander), we send the pick
to Toronto for Rebraca and their pick (I think it's No. 21). Just a thought.

I still hope the Celts are burning up the phone lines with the Clippers and
Hawks, the two teams who seem to have the most to gain from trading down.
The Celts could pick up Przybilla or Mihm with either of those picks.

Finally, I believe the Celtics have worked out all the guys mentioned above,
and probably twice. But they always keep their intentions under wraps... who
knew about Pitino's Rome workout of Nowitzki before draft day? My guess is
there have been others we don't know about.

Thoughts?

Mark