Re: Could be a Dark Decade for Celtics Fans

In a message dated 6/20/00 6:20:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
titans@ihug.com.au writes:

> The Lakers proved that they're far from good enough to become a dynasty...
> What
>  happens when their old players, and they have a lot of them, retire? Kobe
> and
>  Shaq aren't going to be able to do it by themselves just as Pippen and
> Jordan
>  before them couldn't. It all comes down to having the role players there
> capable
>  enough to help you to the promised land.
     I wish I could dismiss the Lakers as Warwick has done, but I think that
Kobe and Shaq, given a decent supporting cast, CAN do it again and again.
I'm no hoops technician, but it seems to me that Jackson's system doesn't
require a real point guard.  Kobe is one outside shooter, and outside
shooters aren' t all that rare in the NBA.   Shaq is invincible inside, and
is just good enough from outside 5' to be really dangerous.  A second decent
rebounder (a la Rodman) and you have the Next Bulls.
     I wonder if Tiger Woods has considered being a Celtic.  Naw, he wouldn't
take the pay cut.