Re: from BSG's reader board

Thanks Josh for posting those comments. That's interesting.

Before getting into this too much, I noticed that Dave D'Alessandro of The
Sporting News is saying Tsakalidis won't be drafted because of contract
issues. Now, that's absurd, because even if teams are scared of his
contract, someone will take him at least in the second round (and several
teams picking mid-to-late first round probably would pick him anyway and
wait for him). But, it does hurt the Celtics if he isn't a viable option in
the lottery. For argument's sake, let's assume he is.

I'm really starting to zero in on three guys: Alexander, Moiso and Crawford.
I'm not including Tsakalidis because he'll either be picked by Cleveland at
8 (if his contract can be bought out) or not picked by the Celtics (because
his contract can't be bought out). Again, let's say Cleveland takes him.
That, in my mind, pushes Alexander, Moiso and Crawford into those 10-11
spots. Houston is at 9, and I see them taking either DerMarr Johnson or Mike
Miller (whoever the Hawks don't take at 6), with Moiso a possibility. That
leaves the three players we mentioned-Alexander, Moiso and Crawford-at 10
and 11. The Magic pick 10th, and I have no idea what they might be thinking
here. My only guess is they may stay away from Alexander because they have
Corey Maggette and are considering a couple of free agent perimeter players
like T-Mac and Eddie Jones. I'd give them Moiso or Crawford (they are
looking to draft a PG). That leaves Alexander or Moiso/Crawford for the
Celts.

Now, if Tsakalidis isn't in the draft, then pencil in Johnson/Miller for
Cleveland, Moiso for Houston, and give the Celts either Alexander or
Crawford, whichever Orlando passes on.

Did any of that make sense? Anyway, I'm thinking Alexander may be the guy. I
do think we can  zero in on Alexander, Moiso and Crawford at this point,
with Tsakalidis as an outside possibility.

I did read rumors that the Clippers love Moiso and might be willing to trade
down from the third pick to get a player and a later lottery pick to keep
the UCLA kid in LA. My guess is Moiso won't be there when we pick, but how
about an 11 (Moiso) + (anybody but Pierce or Walker) deal to get that third
pick, which we'd probably use on Przybilla?

Mark

P.S. I think the Moiso-Battie comparisons are as unfair as the Moiso-Garnett
comparisons. They're all tall and thin, but that's about it for the
similarities. Battie was a college center who hasn't made a good shift to
power forward in the pros. Garnett has made a smooth shift to small forward.
I think Moiso is a natural power forward (not a center, never will be), and
he arguably was the best player on a talented UCLA team. Battie put up big
numbers on a team without comparable talent. Moiso may be a bust, but let's
not write him off already by saying he's another Battie. We're running out
of guys to draft-Moiso's another Battie, Tsakalidis is another Montross,
Alexander is another Rider...