Re: NBA Blah, Tsak Big, Fizer Legit, Moiso Tall

In a message dated 6/19/00 4:26:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jaims@impactnet.com writes:

<< Again guys....we don't need to draft a center if he's not an immediate
 impact player and a sure 20/10 player.  Why do we hope to get a center even
 if we're drafting at 11 only?  Moiso, O2, Tsak, Ernest Brown, Pryzbilla and
 the likes are for teams that can afford to wait for their development and
 adjustment into the NBA, and we're not one of those teams.  Wake up guys, we
 don't need to gamble on this draft because we shouldn't be gambling!  So
 what if we missed on a 7 footer(for sure there'll be no Duncans or Shaq
 types that'd be falling to our laps), just get a pure shooter or a
 mature/polished player and be happy with it. >>

i understand all of this.  if you don't remember, i have been one of the
people endorsing players like jamal crawford, dermarr johnson, and courtney
alexander for a long time.  i was merely saying that moiso seems like a sure
pitino pick.  we do need height, but this isn't the time to get it.  we were
decent last year with potapenko and battie manning the post while our
shooting guard position floudered with cheaney and griffen not being able to
score more than 10 points consistantly.

- thndr