NBA Blah, Tsak Big, Fizer Legit, Moiso Tall

A little birdy tells me that the hot Grant Hill rumor of the week is
that he's going to the Nets as part of a package deal with their
new coach: former Dukey Tommy Amaker.... I tend not to believe it,
but who knows.

Peter May says in Sunday's Globe that the major problem the Celtics
have with with acquiring Jermaine O'Neal is the BYC issue. Portland
can only take back 50 percent of his salary (actually I think
it's 65 percent if you factor in the 15 percent trade allowance),
while the Celtics must absorb the whole salary.  So, no go on a deal
between the two teams.

Marcus Fizer checked in at the NBA camp at 6-9 in sneakers, thus
dissipating fears about him slipping in size and draft position;
Iakovos Tsakalidis is a legitimate 7-1, 283 pounds, and Jerome Moiso
turned out to be a seven footer, a skinny one at that, as he measured
out at 7-0, 232.
Ray