Re: European Centers??? forget it...

You could make a case for Vlade Divac for his passing and smarts. But I admit it
took him years to become an above-average center. Rik "Dutch Boy in the Paint"
Smits has flirted with All Star status as well.

It is true Sabonis arrived very late in his career to the NBA, and a bit thicker
and slower. From the little I remember, he had a little Bill Walton in him.
Maybe not the younger Walton who could swat shots 14 feet off the ground, but at
least a late-career (but healthy) version of Walton who could make great passes,
rebound, shoot and was immoveable and heads-up in the paint.

****