I'm not happy at all

Josh, I agree that I'd be happy with a Jermaine O'Neal trade, and I think we
can get a player who eventually will help if we keep the draft pick. But it
just seems more and more like that's all we're going to do, and that's not
enough. We don't even hear rumblings about more trades involving the Celtics
(unless you believe the Antoine-Van Horn rumor, and I don't).

It just seems Pitino has decided to add the draft pick or trade the pick for
a player, explore his options with the veteran's exception, and go into the
season hoping for improvement via experience. I think he's hoping that will
be enough to sneak into the eighth playoff spot, allowing him to run off to
UCLA with his Boston mission "accomplished."

I just don't see it, and I'm becoming more and more resigned to watching
this same team again next year. That's depressing, if you ask me. Even if we
improved by five games in the standings, we'd still miss the playoffs. And a
five-game improvement is asking a lot with no significant changes in
personnel.

Maybe this is just the quiet before the storm. Maybe Pitino has a lot of
deals up his sleeve, or at least one blockbuster. I hope so.

Mark