Pitino Rips Walker Speculation

Steve Bulpett
Boston Herald

Pitino nixes rumor

Celtics coach Rick Pitino shot down a rumor begun in New York of an
Antoine Walker trade to New Jersey for Keith Van Horn (with other pieces
being added to make it work with the salary cap). While a Nets source
said Walker isn't a major interest, it was noted also that the club
isn't ready to give up on Van Horn yet.

``There's nothing to it,'' said Pitino. ``I've got no comment on any of
this. I'm only going to comment on things that are true. None of this is
true. I can't comment on things that are totally fabricated