Re: THIS IS WHAT OUR YOUNG TEAM NEEDS!!!

Then can you explain why Lenny Wilkens is out of a job?  Is there anyone out
there who has a quieter, calmer, more professional style?  And also why
Pitino has won at every level except with the Celts?  You can fault the
coach all you like but it is the players who determine the fate of the coach
in most cases.  Was Red one of those calm, but strict professionals?  HAH!
My point about the veteran presence is that there may not be the appearance
of being freaked out, as you say, with a team that has so much experience
and knowledge of team offense, defense, as well as knowing the habits of the
opposition.

Look at both LA and Indy.  How many players in the first 3 years are getting
any floor time?  Larry was luckily able to be patient with Croshere until he
learned the pro game well enough that now he is contributing.  Do you
remember him playing at all his rookie year?  Our team can't say that.  You
believe it is because of the coach.  I believe it is due to the lack of
maturity that most young teams go through before they make it to the
promised land.  Look at the Blazers and the Knicks.  Again there's that
veteran look where few inexperienced players are depended upon for making
key contributions.  Many people forget that we lost some tough games this
past season on buzzerbeaters and other heartbreaking plays.  Though the
record may not be an indication, we played with some of the best teams in
the league right down to the wire but came up flat against the weaker ones.
People complain about Toine and his conditioning, Kenny and his lack of
assists, Dana because of his stature, VP because of his stonehands, Battie
for his frustrating inconsistency, Fortson for his propensity to foul,
Pervis for being, well, Pervis.  You gotta be patient.

My final comment is regarding this tuned out stuff.  Where do you get this
information?  What makes you think that players tune out Pitino any more
than any other coach?  Or is it based on an assumption?  I just don't buy
that theory.  But if it is true, each player who tunes the coach out, should
be sent packing IMHO.  Pitino puts in as many hours, if not more, than most
coaches around the league.  He and his assistants deserve to be listened to
when making a point, as do any coaches for that matter.

Cecil