Re: C's May Trade Pick For This Player

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>
>This roving reporter has learned that the C's could very well
>be without a first round draft choice in the upcoming draft as they
>may trade the pick and other considerations for a player.
>
>Now, I'm not going to tell you his name directly, just toss out a
>few clues.
>
>Clue 1
>The team he plays for reminds me of the 1986 Red Sox.
>
>Clue 2
>He has the same last name as a rap star, who frequently misses
>free throws.

Andre Miller?  No, I guess you meant Jermaine O'Neal.  Actually, this sounds
just like the sort move the Celtics would make.  He's got size and "upside",
but hasn't proven anything.  Presumably it would involve the C's dumping a
salary too.  One question, though.  I've heard it mentioned on this list
that a team can't trade away its first round picks in consecutive years.  Is
that true?

Jim