Josh's Mock Draft Says Tsak For TC's

http://www.geocities.com/needelman/

MY MOCK DRAFT (last updated May 31)

First Round
1. New Jersey-Chris Mihm, Texas.  Right now I am giving the Nets Mihm.
However, I don't really expect them to keep this pick.  Expect them to
trade to someone so someone else can take Kenyon Martin.
2.  Vancouver-Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati.  The best player in this
draft.  Incredible improvement from junior year to senior year and he
was pretty good his junior year.
3.  LA Clippers-Stromile Swift, LSU.  Great talent and could end up
being the best player in this draft.
4.  Chicago-Joel Pryzbilla, Minnesota.  The Bulls make a mistake here by
taking this project because they need a center.
5.  Orlando-Marcus Fizer, Iowa St.  Orlando takes advantage of a bad
mistake by the Bulls and take a guy that is a force down low.
6.  Atlanta-Darius Miles, East St. Louis HS.  Haven't seen him play, but
word is that he is a freak.
7.  Chicago-Dermarr Johnson, Cincinnati.  The Bulls need a point guard
but figure they can get one at 24.  They can't pass up on a big shooting
guard with this much upside.
8.  Cleveland-Courtney Alexander, Fresno St.  Alexander led the NCAA in
scoring, edging George Washington freshman SirValiant Brown.  He tends
to disappear in big games.
9.  Houston-Jerome Moiso, UCLA.  Great decision to come out.  If anyone
thinks he is a lottery pick, which seemingly everyone says, he may as
well take advantage of that misconception.  Biggest bust of the draft.
10.  Orlando-Deshawn Stevenson, Fresno Ca, HS.  He probably shouldn't go
this high, but with 3 lottery picks, the Magic can gamble on this
talented on the floor but not at cheating on the SAT high schooler.
11.  Boston-Iakovos Tsakalidis, Greece.  Boston needs help inside and
will gamble on this big foreigner.
12.  Dallas-Olumide Oyedeji, Nigeria.  It's Oyedeji or a point guard,
but it's Dallas, so they'll go foreign.
13.  Orlando-Erick Barkley, St Johns.  Surprisingly, a point guard
doesn't get picked until now.
14.  Detroit-Mateen Cleaves, Michigan St.  Pistons hope Cleaves will be
able to pass to Grant Hill.
15.  Milwaukee-Jason Collier, Georgia Tech.  He should be a solid pro as
he has a good jumper for a big man.
16.  Sacramento-Mike Miller, Florida.  He will slide due to his
softness.
17.  Seattle-Morris Peterson, Michigan St.  Sonics are thrilled that
Peterson had one of the biggest slides in the draft. <snip>

Second Round
30.  LA Clippers-Ernest Brown, Indian Hills CC.  He's big, and if
Olowokandi doesn't develop, maybe Brown will.
31.  Dallas-A.J. Guyton, Indiana.  There are questions about his ability
to play the point, but he was a great college player.
32.  Chicago-Michael Redd, Ohio St.  If he shoots the ball well in the
Chicago predraft camp, he could go much earlier.
33.  Chicago-Pete Mickael.  If he could develop more offense, he could
be the steal of the draft.
34.  Chicago-Dan Langhi, Vanderbilt.  Is he quick enough to play the 3
or strong enough to play the 4?
35.  Washington-Jaron Rush, UCLA.  Huge steal, but the abundance of good
2 guards has him fall.
36.  New Jersey-Jason Kapono, UCLA.  Maybe the best shooter in the
draft, but bad defense.
37.  Denver-Jeryl Sasser, SMU.  Man, I really like this guy's game.  I
hope he heads back to school.
38.  Houston-Donnell Harvey, Florida.  Offensive rebounding machine that
could use more offensive moves.
39.  Boston-Hidayet Turkoglu, Turkey.  I've never seen him play, but I
have heard that he could go much higher than this.
40.  Atlanta-Karim Shabazz, Providence.  Not close to ready, but he's
7'2".