minor heresy

Without a Croshere or Abdul-Wahad trade, for which I'm grateful--keep
the draft choices--I am thinking that reclaiming Ron Mercer would help
our team.  Wait, now.  Pitino would need to put him in as sixth man
extraordinaire and put him on report if he falls off the wagon and
begins to take every jump shot possible.  But he is a great athlete,
helpful in the press, and capable of bringing energy and scoring.  The
second team needs that.

Keep Griffin as starter, then bring Mercer and E. Williams off the
bench to score, along with a shot blocker or two.  We would be better.
 Consider the scoring potential in late game situations with Anderson,
Mercer, Pierce and whomever else on the floor.  As for tensions
between players, tell them to shape up and play ball.

Still, we must sign a capable back-up point, whoever can play adequate
defense and pass the ball.  Then draft us a good one next year.

Gene