No Subject

Tariq, Nuggets agree

An NBA source said free-agent guard Tariq Abdul-Wahad and the Nuggets
negotiated a seven-year contract in Utah on Friday night, pending owner
approval.

Free agents can't sign until Tuesday. Abdul-Wahad said Thursday night he
planned to re-sign with Denver, and not being involved in a sign-and-trade
deal.

The 6-foot-6, 223-pounder, who was traded Feb. 1 from Orlando to Denver,
averaged 11.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season. A native of France, he
missed 22 of the season's final 23 games because of a wrist injury that
required surgery. He began playing competitively last week.

"I made the commitment to stay, and they made the commitment to have me
here," Abdul-Wahad said. "I hope that it is going work out. I've got a lot
of work to do to get better and help the team. I'm happy and excited about
the situation."