RE: Van Horn vs. Walker

Why is Van Horn's package greater than Walker's?  Was the max higher when
Van Horn inked his deal?.

Here is my answer though.  If Pitino put a gun to my head and told me
Croshere or Van Horn, I'd say Van Horn without hesitating.

I thought this deal was next to impossible because of the cap and base year
issues.

Put me in the camp of holding onto our draft picks unless we get a bonafide
star in return like Iverson or E.Jones.  I can't believe we would give up a
draf pick next year (likely between 6-10) for Wahad.  Are you kidding me?

Would Pitino be the worst person to bring with you in buying a car?  He is
THE ONLY GM salivating over this guy (Wahad).  If Derek Anderson would take
the exception at SA, there is no way Wahad is worth $4/$5 for 3-5 years.
That is lunacy.  If Pitino does a sign and trade for Croshere using Walker
and unless Bender or Rose are part of that deal, that is lunacy II.  We are
seriously better off reacquiring Billups and Mercer.  If we take Del Negro,
a slow-footed, non-trapping overpaid pg for Fortson, that is Lunacy III.

I haven't heard one rumor yet in July that makes me look forward to
pre-season.  I want to go back and redo the draft and get Ruben Patterson
and Seattles pick.

At least Van Horn, we know his talent and what he is capable of doing and he
has a game face and some hops.  Van Horn, to me, is better than Croshere.

Pitino trying to save his job getting a 6-10 white guy? :)   Laettner,
Croshere, Van Horn

Will a trade of next year's #1 for Adam Keefe be the next rumor?