Nazr Mohammed's father murdered

Alhaji Mohammed killed at Chicago business

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- The father of Philadelphia 76ers player Nazr Mohammed as
found dead at his auto parts business in what police say is a homicide.
The body of Alhaji Mohammed was found Monday night in his store on
Chicago's South Side, Sgt. Bernard Ryan said. Police say the 55-year-old
man died of apparent blunt force trauma.

The medical examiner's office ruled the death a homicide. Detectives
said they did not have any suspects.

Nazr Mohammed, 22, said he was at an airport outside Cincinnati on
Monday when his brother called with the news.

 "I immediately came to Chicago," Mohammed said. "This is a real bad
time for my family right now. We are at a loss for words."

On July 16, Nazr Mohammed and Antoine Walker, who play for the Boston
Celtics, were victims of an armed robbery in Chicago. They said they
were  robbed of $3,000 cash, a $55,000 watch and other jewelry.

 Nazr Mohammed and Walker were sitting in a vehicle with three friends
at  4:15 a.m. that morning, waiting for a South Side restaurant to open
when three men approached and demanded cash and their valuables,
Chicago  Police Officer Joseph Bourgoyne said.

Both Walker and Mohammed are Chicago natives.