Part I: Things Aren't Going Well In Celtic Nation At The Moment

Fortson for Vinny Del Negro - yikes.  The Clippers killing the 3 - Way
deal. Mo Taylor saying he will sign with the Magic, depriving the C's of

a more lucrative trade for Fortson. Mercer off to Chicago.

Things aren't going well in Celtic Nation at the moment.  I was
especially distressed in reading about the proposed Golden State
3-way trade:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/07/26/SP105584.DTL

That would have the Celtics ending up with the fossilized Vinny
Del Negro. Geez. How low have things sunk.  Here, the Celtics would
be giving the Warriors, their starting power forward, and receiving a
third string guard. Talk about an equitable return.

And I was looking forward to seeing Chris Herren with the Celtics,
and felt by mid season with minutes and improvement, he'd be giving
Kenny Anderson a run for the starting job. But that was not to be.

I had hoped, that Orlando was Fortson's final destination, as they
had trade exceptions and draft choices to warm even the cockles
of Pitino's cold heart, but that evil Mo Taylor snuck in, and now claims

that he wants to sign with the Magic.

Mercer.  We had good vibes earlier, that he might take the Celtics
exception, and be reunited with Pierce and Walker, but that was before
the Bulls got dissed by every Big Time free agent and suddenly Ron
appeared so be wonderous in their eyes.

Is There Any Hope?

Yes there is actually, but that's in Part II.

Ray