Re: MELONHEAD

>From: Ryan Lee <rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com>
>As for my previous post I was just correcting Jim's error about Antoine's
>past.

Um, no, Ryan.  You're the one who brought it up in the first place by
calling Antoine a "deadbeat dad".  So don't take the high road now.  I
remember, when that SI article came out, wondering why Antoine, who by all
accounts had been an interested and responsible parent, was being lumped
into the pot with all of the Shawn Kemps and Greg Minors of the league, who
have truly been delinquent in their parental responsibilities. I don't claim
to know that much about Antoine's personal life.  For instance, it was news
to me when you said he had recently gained custody of his daughter.  Is that
even true?  What I do know is that for a long time now, he has been reported
to be very involved in his daughter's life.  So much so that two summers ago
he was heavily criticized for wanting to stay in Chicago to be with her as
much as possible.  I stand by my contention that it is "cheap" to call him a
deadbeat.

Jim